1. Becker M, Diamond R, Sainfort F. A new
patient focused index for measuring quality of life in persons with severe and persistent mental
illness. Quality of Life Res. 1993 Aug; 2(4):239-51.
2. Cunningham SJ, Hunt NP. Quality of life and its importance in orthodontics. J Orthod. 2001 Jun; 28 (2):152-8.
3. Inglehart M, Bagramian RA. Oral health-related quality of life. Chicago: Quintessence; 2002 Aug: 4(2):154-159.
4. Gift HC, Redford M. Oral health and the quality
of life. Clin in Ger Med. 1992 Aug;8(3):673-83.
5. Bedi R, Gulati N, McGrath C. A study of
satisfaction with dental services among adults in the United Kingdom. Br Dent J. 2005 Apr 9; 198 (7):433-7.
6. Shaw WC. The influence of children’s
dentofacial appearance on their social
attractiveness as judged by peers and lay adults. Am J Orthod. 1981 Apr;79(4):399-415.
7. Zhang M, McGrath C, Hagg U. The impact of malocclusion and its treatment on quality of life: a literature review. Int J Pediat Dent. 2006 Nov; 16 (6):381-7.
8. Albino JE, Lawrence SD, Tedesco LA.
Psychological and social effects of orthodontic treatment. J Behav Med. 1994 Feb;17(1):81-98.
9. Cunningham SJ, O’Brien C. Quality of life and orthodontics. Sem in Orthod. 2007 June; 13(2):96-103.
10. Kiyak HA. Cultural and psychologic
influences on treatment demand. Sem in Or-thod. 2000 Dec; 6(4):242-248.
11. Feu D, de Oliveira BH, de Oliveira Almeida MA, Kiyak HA, Miguel JA. Oral health-related quality of life and orthodontic treatment seek-ing. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2010 Aug; 138 (2):152-9.
12. Cunningham SJ, Garratt AM, Hunt NP.
Development of a condition-specific quality of life measure for patients with dentofacial de-formity: I. Reliability of the instrument. Com Dent Oral
Epidemiol. 2000 Jun; 28(3):195-201.
13. Bortoluzzi MC, Manfro R, Soares IC, Presta AA. Cross-cultural adaptation of the orthog-nathic quality of life questionnaire (OQLQ) in a Brazilian sample of patients with dentofacial deformities, Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2011 Aug 1; 16 (5):e694-9.
14. Al-Ahmad HT, Al-Sa’di WS, Al-Omari IK,
Al-Bitar ZB. Condi¬tion-specific quality of life in Jordanian patients with dentofacial deformi-ties: A comparison of generic and disease-specific
measures. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2009 Jan; 107(1):49-55.
15. Streiner DL, Norman GR. Health measurement scales. A practical guide to their development and use. 2nded. New York: Oxford University Press; 2000.
16. Astrom AN, Haugejorden O, Skaret E, Trovik TA, Klock KS. Oral impacts on daily
performances in norwegian adults: Validity,
reliability and prevalence estimates. Europ J Oral Sci. 2005 Aug; 113(4):289-96.
17. Modig M, Andersson L, Wårdh I. Patients’ per-ception of im¬provement after orthognathic
surgery: pilot study. Br J Oral Maxil¬lofac Surg, 2006 Feb; 44(1):24-7.
18. Pabari S, Moles DR, Cunningham SJ.
Assessment of motivation and psychologic
characteristics of adult orthodontic patients. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2011 Dec; 140(6):263-72.
19. Sergl HG, Zentner A. Study of psychosocial aspects of adult orthodontic treatment. Int J Adult Orthod Orthognath Surg. 1997; 12(1):17-22.
20. Kiyak HA, Hohl T, Sherrick P, West RA, McNeill RW, Bucher F. Sex differences in mo-tives for and outcomes of orthognathic surgery. J Oral Surg. 1981 Oct; 39(10):757-64.
21. Williams AC, Shah H, Sandy JR, Travess HC. Patients’ motivations for treatment and their
experiences of orthodontic preparation for
orthognathic surgery. J Orthod. 2005 Sept; 32(3): 191-202.